I think you will spend 87 seconds reading this post
Date(s) - 19/11/2016
10:30 am - 4:00 pm
Saturday, 19th November 2016
from 10:30 am to 4:00 pm
Bundesamtsgebäude, Radetzkystraße 2, 1030 Vienna
Tramlines O, 1 and 2
More than 2000 visitors come to the Advent Bazaar every year, attracted by the warm and welcoming atmosphere of this traditional event. It is seen by many as the start of the season of Advent markets.
Come and Buy!
- toys and children’s books and games
- jewellery, ornaments, paintings
- a vast choice of English books, many brand new, for all ages and tastes at very reasonable prices,
- DVDs and CDs
- traditional British jams, chutneys, christmas cakes and puddings, mince pies and marmalades
- Christmas crackers and cards
- linens, accessories, ornaments and pictures
- clothes – new and second hand
At the Whisky Tasting stand one can sample single malt whiskies from Scotland and one can buy a Ploughman’s’ Lunch or a beer at the English Pub.
The entertainment programme includes:
- Norbert with his Penny Farthing Cycle
- Royal Scottish Country Dancers performing traditional Scottish dances
- Christmas Carols sung by the Church Choir
Come and Play!
Children can visit Santa Claus in his Grotto to make their Christmas wishes or play in the Children’s Corner where they can have their faces painted.
Come and Eat!
Try lunch at the Asian and African Restaurants with a selection of delicious home made food and then have a coffee and cake at the Coffee Stall!
Take a Chance!
Buy a ticket for 2 Euros at the Tombola where every ticket wins a prize or buy a Raffle ticket costing 2 Euros. Prizes include: Apple iPad 2, Acer Aspire E 15 laptop, Kindle Paper White, restaurant vouchers, theatre tickets and much more.