Come in get yourself a Beer, and tell us about yourself
Tatt Great Britain
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: hi, my name is....

Post by Tatt » Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:09 am

Latest post of the previous page:

Hey Kat,

Welcome to Vienna area (at 30 minutes by train you're probably in Lower Austrian state instead of Vienna proper)! I hope you're with a nice family.

We're arranging a meet and greet next week on Tuesday at Strandbar Herrman if you would like to meet a few friendly faces in the city.

kiddo

Post by kiddo » Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:30 pm

Hi everyone,

New to the site, a touch less new to the city - been here almost 1.5 years. Originally from the States and now looking to make some friends here outside of work. Might work up the nerve to join the "meet and greet" this evening!

Ciao for now,
Andrea

ashton.ellie

Post by ashton.ellie » Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:45 pm

kat217 wrote:Hi, I just moved to Austria to be an Au Pair and I live about 30 minutes on the train outside of Vienna. Just wanting to introduce myself and possibly meet people in and around Vienna. I'm here mostly to improve my German (which after 8 months in Spain is practically non-existant!) and enjoy Austria!!

Thanks,
Kat (from Manchester, England)
Hi,
I moved to just outside of Vienna in June to be an au pair for 3 months. I'm living in orth an der Donau, which is about 20 minutes away from vienna. I've found it quite difficult to meet people due to the fact I'm living in a little village! So was just wondering if you would want to meet up sometime as it would be great to speak to someone I can understand! How have you found Vienna? Hope your happy with your family!
Ellie :)

ashton.ellie

Post by ashton.ellie » Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:51 pm

Hello, my names Ellie
I just moved here in June! :)
I'm working as an au pair and live about 20 minutes outside of Vienna in orth an der Donau. I absolutely love it here, but unfortunately with it being such a small town it's quite hard to meet people! My Germans ok, but it would be really nice to meet people who speak my own language!
Ellie
York, England.

Tatt Great Britain
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tatt » Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:08 pm

Hello there Ellie,

If you would like meet a few expats all in one go then try to come along to our next BBQ:
http://www.vienna-expats.net/community- ... 6/t,16599/

If you can't make it this time we'll be having other later in the summer as well, and some other evening events :-)

Is there a train you can take to Vienna Mitte? Or are you really stuck in the countryside.

ashton.ellie

Post by ashton.ellie » Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:29 pm

Tatt wrote:Hello there Ellie,

If you would like meet a few expats all in one go then try to come along to our next BBQ:
http://www.vienna-expats.net/community- ... 6/t,16599/

If you can't make it this time we'll be having other later in the summer as well, and some other evening events :-)

Is there a train you can take to Vienna Mitte? Or are you really stuck in the countryside.

Sounds good! Thanks :) I can get a bus to Donaustadt and then use the underground, so it's not too bad as long as I don't get lost!
Thanks again :)

sinembk

Post by sinembk » Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:34 pm

moved in Vienna in the very cold November 2011, after marrying with my Austrian boyfriend in September-in Olympos - Antalya ( Turkey that is where I am from )
Having good time so far... Trying to learn the language which I'd say I am very slow with.. :( Looking for a job. Was doing supply chain management back in Antalya for a German company.
Looking to meet some new people and make cool friends.
Peace.
Sinem

danilomr

Post by danilomr » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:24 pm

Hi, guys!

My name is Danilo.
I am brazilian living here in this beautiful city since 2011.

I like outside activities, sport and videogames.
Feel free to hit me up.

Hugs to everyone!

EvaEva

Post by EvaEva » Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:04 am

Hello everyone!

My name is Eva and I'm from Poland. Moving to Vienna in 2 months (maybe for forever if I'll love it).
As a person who hates sitting at home being alone I am searching already for "social possibilities" in Vienna. That is how I found this website and I think I like it already. I hope to find some friends there. The reason why I am going to move there is a job offer. Everythings seems to be settled so see you in Septmeber!

danielpurchase22

Post by danielpurchase22 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:48 am

Hi everyone,

My name is Dan. I moved over from England three weeks ago following 6 years of university in Manchester. I've now come to Vienna to teach English and also take advantage of the free university education.

I have visited Vienna regularly over the past year so I know my way around quite well, but don't know many English speaking people just yet.

I noticed you had a bbq at the Donauinsel three days ago. A real shame as I live literally two minutes away (you can hear the music from my apartment).

I look forward to the next meet up (and to a game of football if anyone is interested - see my other post).

morgenhund European Union
Häupl, Sackbauer, Krankl
Häupl, Sackbauer, Krankl

hi, my name is....

Post by morgenhund » Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:49 pm

Dan,

You're not by any chance a cricketer too, if you are check at www.viennacricketclub.at - we play most weekends until mid-late September.

cheers Mike
Vienna is like an Ikea sofa - you know you should upgrade, but why bother when it is this comfortable.

gibbyc

Post by gibbyc » Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:29 pm

Hi! My name is Gibby and I have to laugh! I just read the first post, and I JUST HAD THE SAME THING HAPPEN! I moved here for love 2 weeks ago and it ended last week. I stayed because the job is so interesting! The great circle of life...

I am about 2 hours outside Vienna, but love to ride trains and travel and hang out. I am looking for friends and distraction, so I'll be around!

stingray

Post by stingray » Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:20 pm

Hi Everyone,

I'm Ray, soon moving to Vienna at the end of August 2012. I'll be a doctoral student in molecular biology at the Vienna BioCenter (IMP). I'm coming to you all the way from Canada, where I studied in Toronto before pursuing further studies in Zurich, Switzerland. I've been in Zurich for three years now, so it's time for a change...Vienna, here I come!

When I'm not in the lab doing experiments, I'm usually at the gym or playing chamber music (I'm a violinist). One thing that Switzerland has done to me is make me fall in love with skiing. I hope that Austria will more than make up for the lack of Swiss Alps.

Would be great to know some fellow expats in the city. I'm really looking forward it.

-Ray :D

ETV

Post by ETV » Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:12 pm

[snip]
Last edited by ETV on Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

tonca

Post by tonca » Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:18 am

Hi everyone,

My name is Dusan. I'll move to Vienna in the middle od September, but I'm not rookie at all as I'm living in Austria last two years - but in Klagenfurt.

I'm banker originally from Serbia, and I enjoy meeting new people, cycling, parties etc... and I'm looking forward meeting you, as I saw that you are organising really interesting meetings.

Cheers!

Fiskie

Post by Fiskie » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:15 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm Patrick, I've moved to Vienna to live with my Austrian girlfriend, I arrived in June 2012 and so far everything is great! I've enrolled in a German language course, met a few people & started looking for work in the electronics production industry. I'm hoping to meet new friends, people in a similar situation, people who can offer advice... anything to make the transition a little easier, really. The social side sounds fun as well!
Hope to see some of you soon! :)

Raam

Post by Raam » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:17 pm

Hii all, I am Raam. I am a student from India, and I have been in Vienna for a month now. I really enjoy the beauty of this city, and I am looking for activity partners for hiking, climbing. It would be indeed great to meet new people too.

Cheers!!
Raam

Bigsby1967

Hi, my name is....

Post by Bigsby1967 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:44 pm

Russell.... who's a long way from home in New Zealand :)

Working over here now and enjoying the summer.....

But where's the rugby team ??

Will be here for a couple of years so may run in to you :D
R

Macrogue Great Britain
Luminary
Luminary

Post by Macrogue » Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:43 pm

No Day but Today

julius.cerealis

Post by julius.cerealis » Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:54 pm

Hello there, moving to Vienna this month, I come from the french speaking part of Switzerland, I'll be working in the Technische Universität as a post-doc and am really looking forward to my stay in Vienna.
Cheers
JC

Averyius Scotland

Post by Averyius » Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:09 pm

Salvete! Greetings! I´m Averyius (my Roman name). I´ve been here here a long time. I´m originally from the Scottish Highlands and speak fluent German. My ex-wife is Austrian and my adult daughter was born in Vindobona (modern Vienna). I want to make friends with English speaking people since I only have a few English speaking acquaintances who I rarely have contact with.
I want especially to meet girls. I have many interests: Astronomy, Earth and Natural Sciences (I studied Geology and have a B.Sc from Edinburgh University), History, Archaeology, Languages, Re-Enacting (I am a Roman re-enactor for the 1st and 2nd Centuries C.E.) listening to music (would love to play again or respectively learn to play instruments), singing, dancing, acting (whenever there is an opportunity) drawing, art and fashion, cooking, gardening, running, walking, swimming, cycling, camping, archery, using my computer including watching TV and movies on it. I want to learn inline skating. I have other interests too like occasionally visiting the SMart Café and it would be cool to find mature, exciting and broad minded people ( again, especially women) who also share those interests since I am definately not boring, conservative or conventional! :evil: 8) :lol:
I currently have a low budget and so cannot usually participate in pub visits or anything where I have to give out money but the occasional BBQ (met really nice people last time) is ok or things like sport.

eith07

Post by eith07 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:08 pm

Hi everybody!!

First of all I would like to thank you for all of the information that I have found in this forum, which is helping me. My name is Jose and I am spanish. Me and my family(wife and 18 months baby) will likely move to Vienna by the next weeks, depending on whether both me and the company to which I am applying for reach an agreement.

I hope to stay here because I love the city!! :D

geistbites

Post by geistbites » Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:08 pm

Hi everyone,

My name's Max. I'm planning on moving to Vienna at some point in 2013 so I can beging studying for a PhD at Akadamie der Bildenden Künste in aesthetics and cultural studies. Enrolling at the Academy seems simple enough and obstacle-free (compared to the UK, at least), and I'm allowed to write in English, but I'm only just starting to learn German. I'm a fast learner sure enough, but I'm going to need all the help I can get when it comes to moving to Austria, finding somewhere to live, and finding some sort of gainful employment. So, if anybody has any advice for me, I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks,

Max

vesna_b

Post by vesna_b » Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:16 am

ok, I've just grandly opened a whole new topic to introduce myself (oops! sorry, am not usually to be found on forums, so am uncertain of the etiquette :-) )
anyway, my name's Vesna, I lived in Vienna for a while a few years back, and now I'm back for the next three years to work on a project and my PhD.
I look forward to meeting you!

GlobetrotterATL

Post by GlobetrotterATL » Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:05 pm

Hi,

I hope Austrians can join too! I'm a teacher and I have just returned to my native Austria after 15 years abroad (11 years on the west coast of Scotland and 4 years in Atlanta, GA), which makes me feel more like an expat than an Austrian.
Despite being back here, I would like to remain part of an international community and join you on some of your events.

Tatt Great Britain
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tatt » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:30 am

GlobetrotterATL wrote:Hi,

I hope Austrians can join too! I'm a teacher and I have just returned to my native Austria after 15 years abroad (11 years on the west coast of Scotland and 4 years in Atlanta, GA), which makes me feel more like an expat than an Austrian.
Despite being back here, I would like to remain part of an international community and join you on some of your events.
Hello and welcome to Vienna!
Well I guess you won't need the usual support package (eg. district advice, marmite & dentist), but all are welcome at VE events. You just missed the VE Halloween party last week, but we should have the next meet and greet event in November you can join :-)

Was This Topic Useful?