Hello, any Brits in the house?

Come in get yourself a Beer, and tell us about yourself
Gentlegiant

Hello, any Brits in the house?

Post by Gentlegiant » Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:11 pm

Hello everyone.

I've been living in Vienna since May 2014, but just joined the forum!

I work here as a Pilot. I moved to Vienna due to my love of this fantastic city.

It's been a great experience so far. I've recently been attending a variety of expat events, but I'm yet to meet many Brits! I'm 30 and it seems that most of the Brits living here are a lot older. I would be interested in hearing from any British and Irish people who live and work here who are aged between 25 and 35. It would be great to exchange stories about how we cam to live here and maybe meet up for a beer or two sometime. 8)

Tatt Great Britain
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Hello, any Brits in the house?

Post by Tatt » Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:26 pm

Say no more, your wish is granted next Tuesday evening* with our Vienna Expats Meet and Greet party
http://vienna-expats.at/communityforums/6/19837.html

I know you folks who work airside love to talk shop so I will mention that we have a couple of other commercial pilots who are semi-regular attendee's, but I am not sure if they will make it to this next event. What kind of equipment are you on?

* at least two Brits guaranteed

mikevienna Australia
Expert
Expert

Post by mikevienna » Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:37 am

Who do you fly for? I work for an airline too.

rs286 Great Britain
VIP
VIP

Post by rs286 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:56 am

Hello! There are a few Brits hiding amoungst us! Though this particular Brit doesn't make the expat events as often as she should. I'm 25 and would love to hang out sometime.

Rhi

Beeprog

Post by Beeprog » Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:32 pm

I'm new too (to here and Vienna), just moved from the UK in May.

I lived in Belfast for about 4 years before moving here. I've lived all over the UK though, mostly just north west of Leeds, in lovely West Yorkshire.

Also I'm 28, up for doing anything really in and around Vienna.

oconarms Ireland

Post by oconarms » Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:38 pm

Hey all,

I'm quite late to the party.

I'm irish and have been living and working here for 4 years now. Would love to meet up with some like minded people for drinks, hanging out etc.

Any of you still about?

morgenhund European Union
Häupl, Sackbauer, Krankl
Häupl, Sackbauer, Krankl

Post by morgenhund » Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:10 pm

Hi there - the group is still going strong - we next meet up for drinks for our meet and greet on 16 Feb at Molly Darcy's in the 1st district. Come along and join us.
Vienna is like an Ikea sofa - you know you should upgrade, but why bother when it is this comfortable.

Häupl, Sackbauer, Krankl
Häupl, Sackbauer, Krankl

Post by morgenhund » Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:14 pm

Our next Event is at the Roo Bar on 30 March.
Vienna is like an Ikea sofa - you know you should upgrade, but why bother when it is this comfortable.

n_lev Australia
VIP
VIP

Post by n_lev » Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:28 pm

Damn it, just missed it :-( I was actually in Vienna for that 1 day to go to MA35.

We will be moving to Vienna in early June, so will join you guys next time! Will definitely need to check out that Roo Bar (I suspect it will be the only place in town to watch The Ashes next year).

Häupl, Sackbauer, Krankl
Häupl, Sackbauer, Krankl

Post by morgenhund » Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:46 pm

Hi there - Roo may not show the Ashes but there are some bars that show cricket! If you are interested in playing cricket, let me know! Vienna CC are always looking for new players.

n_lev Australia
VIP
VIP

Post by n_lev » Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:37 am

morgenhund wrote:
Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:46 pm
Hi there - Roo may not show the Ashes but there are some bars that show cricket! If you are interested in playing cricket, let me know! Vienna CC are always looking for new players.
wow, more than 1 pub showing cricket!? Vienna is truly a big city. Far cry from my current location (Malmo) :-)
I'm a long time fan but never actually played it myself although always wanted to try (I have a good hand-eye coordination, played tennis semi-pro as a kid and every other ball sport since). So I'll get in touch once we move, thanks a lot for the offer!

Was This Topic Useful?