Howsit

Come in get yourself a Beer, and tell us about yourself
Beeprog

Howsit

Post by Beeprog » Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:55 pm

Hi, I'm Ben, 28 Jahre alt.

Moved to Vienna 3 months ago, from the UK, to start a postdoc position at the Uni.

Looking for some people to explore the city with, and to show me the sort of places you have to visit at least once. Or just drinking buddies to shoot the breeze with and to find the best (approximation of a) pub. I also want to explore around Austria and outside of Vienna (even brought me hiking boots). I have all the touristy things to do as well.

Any help/suggestions with any of that stuff would be great! Cheers!

morgenhund European Union
Häupl, Sackbauer, Krankl
Häupl, Sackbauer, Krankl

Re: Howsit

Post by morgenhund » Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:23 pm

Are you a rugby fan? There are a few of us who get together to watch the England games in bars - or just go to bars even if there is no rugby on.
Vienna is like an Ikea sofa - you know you should upgrade, but why bother when it is this comfortable.

txesba

Re: Howsit

Post by txesba » Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:16 pm

I can recommend the Stadtwanderwege ( https://www.wien.gv.at/english/leisure/ ... paths.html ) They are little hikes (3-5 hours) around the edges of Vienna, through vineyards (and Heuriger!) and the Wienerwald. All the starting points are easily accessible by public transport. It is a really nice and easy way to get out of the city and into nature.

morgenhund European Union
Häupl, Sackbauer, Krankl
Häupl, Sackbauer, Krankl

Post by morgenhund » Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:04 pm

One of our formerly active users did the Rundumadum (a circular route that can be done in various legs) around the city - it uses the Wanderwege.

Was This Topic Useful?