Working in Vienna after Studying as a Non-EU Citizen

Information about working in Vienna - applications, legal information, etc.
ninasison Philippines

Working in Vienna after Studying as a Non-EU Citizen

Post by ninasison » Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:38 am

Hello, my name is Nina and I am from the Philippines, now residing and working in Dubai at the moment. I have a couple of questions about studying and working in Vienna as a Third Country National, and I really need honest answers since finding info regarding the residence permit and work permit is really hard and often confusing. My husband and I are planning to study in Vienna with the purpose of, eventually, immigrating and settling down in Austria. Now I know that there only six months leeway for Postgraduate students to find work after graduation, but my question ultimately is, how difficult is it to find work after as a Non-EU Citizen? Here are some general info about us:

1. We are both Filipino citizens, and hold a Communications Degree from the Philippines.
2. We speak near-native English and are currently learning German prior to moving there

My questions are the following:
1. How difficult is it to get a part time job when studying (I read about the previous forums regarding finding work part-time and I must say, it's very confusing)
1. And eventually, how difficult is it to find a full-time work and apply for the Red-White-Red Card after graduation in 6 months :cry: (given our degrees in Communication and English Studies) with near-native English skills and hopefully some B2 or C1 German by then.

Any input would be much appreciated. Thank you very much in advance!

Anou France

Re: Working in Vienna after Studying as a Non-EU Citizen

Post by Anou » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:47 am

ninasison wrote:
Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:38 am
Hello, my name is Nina and I am from the Philippines, now residing and working in Dubai at the moment. I have a couple of questions about studying and working in Vienna as a Third Country National, and I really need honest answers since finding info regarding the residence permit and work permit is really hard and often confusing. My husband and I are planning to study in Vienna with the purpose of, eventually, immigrating and settling down in Austria. Now I know that there only six months leeway for Postgraduate students to find work after graduation, but my question ultimately is, how difficult is it to find work after as a Non-EU Citizen? Here are some general info about us:

1. We are both Filipino citizens, and hold a Communications Degree from the Philippines.
2. We speak near-native English and are currently learning German prior to moving there

My questions are the following:
1. How difficult is it to get a part time job when studying (I read about the previous forums regarding finding work part-time and I must say, it's very confusing)
1. And eventually, how difficult is it to find a full-time work and apply for the Red-White-Red Card after graduation in 6 months :cry: (given our degrees in Communication and English Studies) with near-native English skills and hopefully some B2 or C1 German by then.

Any input would be much appreciated. Thank you very much in advance!
I'm in the same situation , looking actually a part time job "student job " for student as i am moving to Vienna for study .
thanks in advance

morgenhund European Union
Häupl, Sackbauer, Krankl
Häupl, Sackbauer, Krankl

Re: Working in Vienna after Studying as a Non-EU Citizen

Post by morgenhund » Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:26 pm

Anou - are you coming to study for undergrad or postgrad studies? The amount of hours you are able to work for will depend on whether you are a UG or a PG.
Vienna is like an Ikea sofa - you know you should upgrade, but why bother when it is this comfortable.

Was This Topic Useful?