POS System for my shop?

Information about working in Vienna - applications, legal information, etc.
SnoopDog Austria

POS System for my shop?

Post by SnoopDog » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:49 pm

Hey I just moved to Austria and I am looking for a POS system for my grocery store in the area I have been looking around and found this one. What do you guys think about it? Are you using a different one and if so which one can you recommend me?

Thanks in advance,
Dave.

volga_volga Hong Kong

Re: POS System for my shop?

Post by volga_volga » Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:44 pm

If you read German, I would recommend this website that gave me a good overview of the systems and prices, and also pointed me to the system that I am now using for my studio:
http://registrierkassen-test.info/gesam ... ierkassen/

I have a fitness studio and very few 'in studio' transactions so it may not be your thing (I take bookings online that are also paid online), but I liked HelloCash. It is free for Basic version, and because i wanted to use APP I pay for Medium Kassa under 5 Europs per month. I do not print receipts (Bon) but send them by email (PDF-Belege). So in my studio I do not have a physical machine issueing receipts. I think HelloCash offer some hardware as well, check them out.

morgenhund European Union
Häupl, Sackbauer, Krankl
Häupl, Sackbauer, Krankl

Post by morgenhund » Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:31 am

Orderbird (orderbird.com) is popular in the gastro sector.
Vienna is like an Ikea sofa - you know you should upgrade, but why bother when it is this comfortable.

volga_volga Hong Kong

Post by volga_volga » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:00 pm

I can suggest an approach. Go to a few grocery stores that are similar to what you are going to do, buy an item from them, get a receipt - on the receipt there will be a name of the POS system they are using, and most likely their website too. That's what I did in my search for POS.

morgenhund European Union
Häupl, Sackbauer, Krankl
Häupl, Sackbauer, Krankl

Post by morgenhund » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:45 pm

The system my hairdresser uses, RZA Fakt is worth a look - unfortunately the website is German only. www.rza.at
Vienna is like an Ikea sofa - you know you should upgrade, but why bother when it is this comfortable.

PinePepper Austria

Post by PinePepper » Tue May 09, 2017 10:55 pm

I was looking for a POS software as well and found this German site that lists different provides and a free to use adviser that helps you find the right software depending on your business. You should check it out: http://www.kassensystem-vergleich.com/

Closetothetop Germany

Post by Closetothetop » Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:34 am

I don't know, if your question is still open, however, I just saw https://www.kassensystemevergleich.de one more German site that compares a ton of differnent systems. Seems helpful. Cheers!

Was This Topic Useful?