Applying as a self-employed business partner?

A slightly different situation vs. your usual selbstäntig questions

Information about working in Vienna - applications, legal information, etc.
kazarareta Philippines

Applying as a self-employed business partner?

Post by kazarareta » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:50 pm

Hello there,

I am a third party national living Germany on a jobseeker visa, still have more or less 6 months left. Recently the opportunity came up that an old Austrian boss wanted me to do a startup with him, and now he wants to take it seriously that I move officially to Vienna.

I was just wondering, has anybody been in a situation where they're applying as a self-employed individual, but they plan to operate as a business on a joint venture? My old boss is planning to shoulder most of the investment capital, and wants me to be a minor shareholder instead of working as an employee as to somehow 'up' my chances of getting a resident permit. I've read dozens of information about self-employed individuals, but I was just wondering if the process would be different in my case - like presenting finances for example?

And just as a benchmark - self-employed individual or similar, how long does an application processing time go if I travel to the büro?

TIA!

morgenhund European Union
Häupl, Sackbauer, Krankl
Häupl, Sackbauer, Krankl

Re: Applying as a self-employed business partner?

Post by morgenhund » Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:13 am

I'd suggest you contact the Expat Business Center of Vienna Business Agency with your questions - they are in a better position to advise you, particularly in light of the fact that your situation might not be so straightforward if you need a visa to enter and live in Austria.

https://wirtschaftsagentur.at/index.php?id=1&L=1
Vienna is like an Ikea sofa - you know you should upgrade, but why bother when it is this comfortable.

Was This Topic Useful?