WGKK & Co-Insurance (Mitversicherung)

Pre-Tax or Post-Tax

Information about working in Vienna - applications, legal information, etc.
n_lev Australia
VIP
VIP

WGKK & Co-Insurance (Mitversicherung)

Post by n_lev » Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:33 pm

Hi all,

Situation: I work here my wife is not yet.
I've asked WGKK to add her as "co-insured", they did so and after assessment sent me an invoice for the past 2 months and stated that I will have to pay extra 3.4% of my income in tax.
I assume I'm not the only one here in this situation.

Question: Should my employer be able to take that out automatically from my salary or do I need to wait for an invoice from WGKK every month?

morgenhund European Union
Häupl, Sackbauer, Krankl
Häupl, Sackbauer, Krankl

Re: WGKK & Co-Insurance

Post by morgenhund » Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:38 pm

I added my wife to mine (Mitversicherung) while she was waiting on a new contract, although her contract then came through and her Anmeldung was able to be backdated - I'll check with her.
Vienna is like an Ikea sofa - you know you should upgrade, but why bother when it is this comfortable.

n_lev Australia
VIP
VIP

Re: WGKK & Co-Insurance (Mitversicherung)

Post by n_lev » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:50 pm

Hmmm... my employer said it's impossible but i had doubts so decided to ask here

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

RedKiteWien European Union

Post by RedKiteWien » Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:45 pm

Hi
Can I add my adult Daughter on to my health insurance or will her EHIC cover most things ? she is 18 and will not be working for a while, but will hopefully settle here and find a job if she likes it, which so far is a big plus, she loves it compared to England. She might start a German course either online or in a "real class"
I am employed and will be contributing to all taxes etc :-)
Thanks
Andy

Häupl, Sackbauer, Krankl
Häupl, Sackbauer, Krankl

Post by morgenhund » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:54 pm

Your children should be automatically mitversichert up to their 18th birthday. Thereafter if they are still in full-time secondary education, or undergrad university education, or are unable to work due to illness or as victims of a crime, or if unemployed.

https://www.wgkk.at/portal27/wgkkverspo ... de=content
Vienna is like an Ikea sofa - you know you should upgrade, but why bother when it is this comfortable.

RedKiteWien European Union

Post by RedKiteWien » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:53 pm

Interesting that unemployed is an option ? I actually got my Card in the post today , I will speak to my employer about how to get my Daughter included if she is not automatically on mine ... aha I think there is a form I can fill in myself, looks like they give "kids" up to two years grace living on bank of mum and dad lol

Just checked my card , it is also an e card from SV www.sozialversicherung.at

I think the main SV is the WGKK group as that is what it had all over the forms my employer sent me ! One interesting thing I noticed was regarding prescription charges, something about being liable for up to 2% of your net income per year !!! gulp .... considering in the UK I get free prescriptions due o being diabetic let's hope there is something similar here :?

Häupl, Sackbauer, Krankl
Häupl, Sackbauer, Krankl

Post by morgenhund » Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:43 pm

Usual prescription charge is about euro 6, but not sure what it covers relating to diabetes.

Was This Topic Useful?