Accounting/Finance -

Process/difficulty of getting job speaking non German Language

Information about working in Vienna - applications, legal information, etc.
Chanturia United States of America

Accounting/Finance -

Post by Chanturia » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:28 pm

Hi everyone,

I wanted to get thread going about process of getting job in austria with business degree. Here's my particular situation:

Bachelors degree in business/accounting
4.5 years of experience as tax accountant in Deloitte USA
Certified Public Accountant (ACCA equivalent)
Speak English, Russian and Georgian. Dont' speak German.

I wanted to know how easy it is to get financle/accounting job in austria if I don't speak English.

Glad to provide more details.

Thanks,
George

morgenhund European Union
Häupl, Sackbauer, Krankl
Häupl, Sackbauer, Krankl

Re: Accounting/Finance -

Post by morgenhund » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:21 pm

Hi there,

Part of the problem might also depend on your access to the employment market - assuming you don't have an EU passport (either as your only nationality or as a second nationality in the case that dual is allowed) it can make it a lot less easy to get work, due to the fact that many smaller Austrian firms (Austria is a country of a lot of SMEs) are reluctant to do the paperwork unless necessary to get a work visit. There are some companies that might look for Russian speakers if that is a target market of theirs. The equivalency of foreign qualifications can also pose a considerable problem.
Vienna is like an Ikea sofa - you know you should upgrade, but why bother when it is this comfortable.

Rand-Mike England

Re: Accounting/Finance -

Post by Rand-Mike » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:34 am

Hey George,

Just want to know how is your job hunting going? I am from the Uk and I'm planning to find work in Vienna. I am also an accountant by profession, so it would be great to know your experience so far.

Was This Topic Useful?