General Questions

Questions about studying (at Uni) or learning (at schools) in Vienna.
sleepy-gazelle

General Questions

Post by sleepy-gazelle » Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:50 am

Hi,

I am a newbie here; so please excuse me if I am posting in the wrong part of the website.

I've been attending the TU for 2 years now and I would like to apply for internships starting with this summer.
Considering that I am a Drittstaatsangehöriger, I have a limited access to the Austrian job market. I have 4 questions:

1. What jobs (what conditions - hours) could I have "legally"?
2. Is there a specific process that I have to go through different to that of EU-Bürger to be allowed to have said job?
3. How does a person exactly become entitled to a Daueraufenthalt (i.e unrestricted job market access) ?
4. What happens if I start my own company (Einzelunternehmen)?

Thank you for your help. Any light you could shed on this student/work situation would be appreciated; I do not exactly understand it yet.

morgenhund European Union
Häupl, Sackbauer, Krankl
Häupl, Sackbauer, Krankl

Post by morgenhund » Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:46 am

http://www.auslaender.at/beschaftigungs ... tudierende has some info in German. From that I deduce that the most important thing will be getting a Beschäftigungsbewilligung prior to starting. During times where you are not attending lectures you could have a full time Praktikum. Otherwise during term-time it is limited to between 10 and 20 hours a week. Hope that is a start to answering your questions.

sleepy-gazelle

Re: General Questions

Post by sleepy-gazelle » Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:23 pm

hey thanks for your answer, that cleared a lot of things up.

Was This Topic Useful?