Harry Potter and the Half Blood Something, something...

Tell us about that book you just finished or movie you just saw.
Ozmatt
Professional
Professional

Post by Ozmatt » Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:36 am

I went to see the Harry Potter movie the other day and was pretty dissapointed. I have never read the books, but always enjoyed the film adaptations

The Half Blood Prince never seems to get going and one leaves with a feeling of 'who cares' in relation to the ending. Is it just me or are all the Harry Potter movies beginning to feel stale and monotonous?

Well, we still have to put up with two more slogs of 'Snape seems bad, but is he really bad?' sagas, but at least we are on the downhill slope towards a definitive end for the series (touch wood...well, imitation wood in this Gebäude).

Sandrine
VIP
VIP

Post by Sandrine » Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:07 pm

Good morning!
Well, I was pretty disappointed by this movie, as it cut the end short! In the book, the end is thrilling and at full speed, whereas here, well, it just happens in 5 minutes...
But glad they cut all the Ministry of Magic ringmarole, as in the book I found this tiresome at some points...

Luvbeers England
Eitrige, Buckl, Blech
Eitrige, Buckl, Blech

Post by Luvbeers » Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:50 pm

I thought the point of Harry Potter movies was just to watch Hermione's boobs grow?!?

morgenhund European Union
Häupl, Sackbauer, Krankl
Häupl, Sackbauer, Krankl

Post by morgenhund » Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:45 pm

... as well as Daniel Radcliffe's bank balance!
Vienna is like an Ikea sofa - you know you should upgrade, but why bother when it is this comfortable.

_kat_ Russia
Former Mod/Admin
Former Mod/Admin

Post by _kat_ » Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:41 am

luvbeers, sickely-sick you are ))

i agree though - the movie was shite, very pretty - all sepia and whatnot but waaaaay too boring
When in charge ponder. When in trouble delegate. When in doubt mumble. When asked to clarify, say "Trust me".

manu
Expert
Expert

Post by manu » Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:48 pm

It was empty... I loved all the books, and after I watched this movie, I only thought... "well?" it doesnt add much to the real story, it's just a bet on who will snog with whom and all the rest is secondary...
But then he is from the Latin race and they are passionate about everything... The only thing an Englishman gets passionate about is the merits of his ale or a pair of fighting cocks. From "Company of Liars"

Was This Topic Useful?