Surrogates

Tell us about that book you just finished or movie you just saw.
loulou Great Britain
Luminary
Luminary

Surrogates

Post by loulou » Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:32 pm

I am not much of a sci-fi fan, but I thoroughly enjoyed this. A rather daft but clever idea and really exciting stuff (I was on the edge of my seat towards the end).

'The film revolves around the mysterious murder of a college student linked to the man who helped create a high-tech surrogate phenomenon that allows people to purchase unflawed robotic versions of themselves, being fit and good looking remotely controlled machines that ultimately assume their life roles, enabling people to experience life vicariously from the comfort and safety of their own homes.' (source: Wikipedia)

(I enjoyed it heaps more than 'Avatar'.)

sownd_f_x
VIP
VIP

Surrogates

Post by sownd_f_x » Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:24 pm

Avatar was a rip off, I thought I was watching "dances with wolves" with blue sun glasses on.
On a lighter note I did watch "The road" yesterday. Amazing! The best post-apocalyptic film ever.
Last edited by sownd_f_x on Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

_kat_ Russia
Former Mod/Admin
Former Mod/Admin

Surrogates

Post by _kat_ » Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:24 pm

surrogates was exactly what i expected - nothing more, nothing less. i would give it a 6, maybe even a 7. the story has been done before , but the movie is nice looking. although amazing how limited the choice of the actual surrogates was - you'd think that people would use all kinds of creatures, from anime girls to purple bunnies
When in charge ponder. When in trouble delegate. When in doubt mumble. When asked to clarify, say "Trust me".

Was This Topic Useful?