The Walking Dead

Tell us about that book you just finished or movie you just saw.
Bramish England
Master
Master

The Walking Dead

Post by Bramish » Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:58 pm

I recently read the first 8 trade paperbacks of this comic book (48 regular issues) - it's bleak and by far the best zombie apocalypse story I've ever read or seen - some great character development and some real, non-gratuitous brutality. First time I've ever gotten watery-eyed whilst reading a graphic novel.

It's been turned into an ongoing TV series (a format that suits it perfectly, as opposed to movies), and I just downloaded the pilot, and was pleasantly surprised, although obviously it's early days.

I'd recommend reading the books if you don't hate comic books, but I hope someone else is following the TV show at least so we can compare notes here.

_kat_ Russia
Former Mod/Admin
Former Mod/Admin

Re: The Walking Dead

Post by _kat_ » Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:40 pm

completely off topic here but a good quality, slightly dark and funny comic is The Goon. You sound like you might enjoy it )
When in charge ponder. When in trouble delegate. When in doubt mumble. When asked to clarify, say "Trust me".

Lindsey

Post by Lindsey » Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:59 pm

Not following the TV show yet, but have downloaded it on the suggestion of a friend who's been raving about it....
What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty or democracy? MAHATMA GANDHI

IndieDarling

Post by IndieDarling » Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:38 pm

I've watched the first 6 episodes and CANNOT wait for the second season (why did AMC decide to wait until their Fearfest in October!?!?) It is SO good, sometimes I can't stand to watch it because I am so nervous. :D

I've haven't read the comics yet. But I am going to look for them when I am at home for Christmas.

Bramish, how faithful is the tv series to the comics?

Bramish England
Master
Master

Post by Bramish » Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:55 pm

IndieDarling wrote: Bramish, how faithful is the tv series to the comics?
Hardly faithful at all, which frustrated me to begin with but I ended up judging it as a stand alone thing. I thought the finale was terrible myself.

Juju United States of America

Post by Juju » Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:41 pm

TWD TV series is now at the 7th part and I love it a lot! :D

Was This Topic Useful?