Questions on Residence Permit

Questions about studying (at Uni) or learning (at schools) in Vienna.
vineetd India

Questions on Residence Permit

Post by vineetd » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:01 am

Hello,

My wife has got an admission for PhD at the University of Vienna. We will be applying for her Residence Permit (Aufenthaltsbewilligung - Studierender) and my dependent permit (Aufenthaltsbewilligung – Familiengemeinschaft) soon.

I have 2 questions:-

1. For showing "Proof of sufficient financial means", is it fine to show the funds in an Indian bank account? I don't see any other option here but wanted to know what other people have done.
2. For showing "Proof of accommodation", I can get a private rental agreement signed by friends. But obviously it won't be 'original' copy as they will sign the document, scan and send it to us. They will also send their tenancy agreement. Is that ok? Here too I don't see any other option but wanted confirmation.

Looking forward to your replies.

Regards,
Vineet

morgenhund European Union
Häupl, Sackbauer, Krankl
Häupl, Sackbauer, Krankl

Re: Questions on Residence Permit

Post by morgenhund » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:04 pm

Re your two questions:

1. you may need to have some kind of a certified bank statement - due to potential for manipulation - issued by your bank there, rather than just an electronic banking balance. You will probably need to show how you can afford to both stay for the duration of your wife's studies.
2. the proof of accommodation will need to show it is in your name.
Vienna is like an Ikea sofa - you know you should upgrade, but why bother when it is this comfortable.

vineetd India

Post by vineetd » Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:48 pm

Thanks a lot morgenhund.

The certified bank statement makes a lot of sense. Thanks!

Regarding the accommodation agreement, I found this link on the OEAD website:-

https://oead.at/fileadmin/Dokumente/oea ... ung_en.pdf

Will this work if we get the signed & scanned copy from our friends with the rent, duration etc. filled along with their tenancy agreement?

Regards,
Vineet

Häupl, Sackbauer, Krankl
Häupl, Sackbauer, Krankl

Post by morgenhund » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:11 pm

Can I check that you are intending to live at your friends' place. If they are renting it, check whether they are allowed to sublet (untermieten).
Vienna is like an Ikea sofa - you know you should upgrade, but why bother when it is this comfortable.

vineetd India

Post by vineetd » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:39 pm

We are intending to stay at our friend's place temporarily till we get our own.

They own the place so I assume they are allowed to rent a bedroom?

What is the proof that we will require from them that they own the place?

-- VD

Häupl, Sackbauer, Krankl
Häupl, Sackbauer, Krankl

Post by morgenhund » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:24 pm

You will probably need a copy of the Grundbuchauszug (land register) in that case to show that they own the place. One can be got pretty easily:

http://www.frombrexittoexbrit.com/2017/ ... the-house/

explains how (I had to do this in relation to my citizenship application).

MALIK43 Austria

Post by MALIK43 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:35 pm

My wife has a Austrian resident permit which is expiring and now she wants to extend it. MA 35 needs the proof of her stay in Austria for last 4 years . Since my wife is not working and i am the only one working . i dont understand what document can prove that she is staying here.i will be looking forward for a positive reply.
thanks

Häupl, Sackbauer, Krankl
Häupl, Sackbauer, Krankl

Post by morgenhund » Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:00 pm

MALIK43 wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:35 pm
My wife has a Austrian resident permit which is expiring and now she wants to extend it. MA 35 needs the proof of her stay in Austria for last 4 years . Since my wife is not working and i am the only one working . i dont understand what document can prove that she is staying here.i will be looking forward for a positive reply.
thanks
How about entry and exit stamps in passports for flying in and out?

MALIK43 Austria

Post by MALIK43 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:18 pm

it will not be enough because there is no check while travelling to schengen countries by car .Resident permit allows to move and stay in Austria.

txesba

Post by txesba » Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:00 pm

Obviously it will be hard to prove every single day and there probably isn't one specific paper you could provide.
A friend in a similar situation provided proof of being insured the entire period (you should be able to get a letter from the GKK Zentrale in the 10th) and results given during doctor visits (x-rays, blood tests, perscriptions, etc. Even if you don't keep copies, your doctor does.You can black out the sensitive information on the copies you give me MA35, they will just be interested in the name, place and date)
Also certificates from language courses, etc.

MALIK43 Austria

Post by MALIK43 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:17 pm

thanks a lot for a advise , i think that should work , i will try to get all papers together as soon as possible .

Was This Topic Useful?