Not an expat, but...

Come in get yourself a Beer, and tell us about yourself
blimey Austria

Not an expat, but...

Post by blimey » Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:28 pm

Hi all, I'm actually from Vienna, went to international school here and grew up speaking two languages. I'm here in the hopes of finding some other English-speaking parents of young kids to hang out with. My son is almost 3 and though I'm trying to raise him bilingually, he's not taking to it toooo well..so I was thinking of starting a FREE, no obligation sorta private playgroup-type thing, once a week or every two weeks... Not sure if this is the right address to be honest, but worth a try. :)

morgenhund European Union
Häupl, Sackbauer, Krankl
Häupl, Sackbauer, Krankl

Re: Not an expat, but...

Post by morgenhund » Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:06 pm

Could be of interest to us - as we have a nearly three year old trilingual son (EN/DE/RU) who we are hoping might get more into playing with other children.
Vienna is like an Ikea sofa - you know you should upgrade, but why bother when it is this comfortable.

Deleted User 15392

Post by Deleted User 15392 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:24 am

I don't have kids, but I work with them! If you ever need a bilingual (and tax-deductable!) babysitter, get in touch :)

blimey Austria

Post by blimey » Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:59 am

morgenhund wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:06 pm
Could be of interest to us - as we have a nearly three year old trilingual son (EN/DE/RU) who we are hoping might get more into playing with other children.
Sorry to get back to you so late, we've had a rough couple weeks with everyone ill... I'll write you a private message :)

blimey Austria

Post by blimey » Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:08 pm

sarahstanden wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:24 am
I don't have kids, but I work with them! If you ever need a bilingual (and tax-deductable!) babysitter, get in touch :)
Thanks sarah, will do :)

Was This Topic Useful?