Good morning Vie...na :)

Come in get yourself a Beer, and tell us about yourself
Deleted User 15392

Good morning Vie...na :)

Post by Deleted User 15392 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:18 am

Hello fellow expats! I signed up for the forum in November and until now, forgot to introduce myself. How rude!

I first came to Vienna as an ERASMUS student during my third year of university, as I studied German. I lived in a flat share but had to leave because my flatmates were horrible and ended up staying with a guy I met over CouchSurfing. As mushy as it sounds, we fell in love and, after a lot of to-ing and fro-ing between here and my home town of Hastings, I permanently settled in Vienna in April 2017. I work as a 'Native Speakerin' (hate the term) in a nursery in Lower Austria, and as an English coach.

I turned 27 in January and my interests are pretty varied :) Bird watching, reading, tattoos, walking by the water somewhere, music of almost any kind... I had cello lessons for many years and my cello still lives in England, but I want to bring it over and perhaps meet with some like-minded people to form a string quartet or chamber music ensemble! Please get in touch if that strikes a chord (totally intentional terrible pun) with you :) Oh and I love eating!

I would love to make some friends via this forum! I find it hard to meet people and although I am fluent in German, I get very anxious about speaking, which makes it even more tricky. If there's anyone out there who fancies meeting up, please send me a message! I would also be interested in finding someone/a group of someones to exercise with. The Wiener Küche and Wiener Wein have caused me to put on some weight since leaving the UK and I find solo gym sessions a little lonely sometimes!

Looking forward to meeting some of you at an event in the future :D oh and I go back to England a few times a year in the school holidays, so if anyone needs any supplies, feel free to let me know :wink:

Was This Topic Useful?