Health insurance for Anmeldebescheinigung

What is the best health insurance for the Anmeldebescheinigung?

Q&A about daily life in Vienna
alicebay Austria

Health insurance for Anmeldebescheinigung

Post by alicebay » Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:44 pm

Hi everyone,

my husband (British), our 20 month old daughter and I (Austrian) are moving from London to Vienna in September. We will both be unemployed so not automatically insured with an employer. I am told by MA35 that we need appropriate health insurance for my husband's Anmeldebescheinigung and they provide a long and confusing list of possible options. Also, I want to be insured from day 1 so that my daughter is covered in any case. The Wiener Gebietskrankenkasse has told me that it can take anything from 1 week to 3 months to process our application as they first have to write to the UK regarding our insurance history here...

Does anyone have any recommendations for best private health insurance options? Or would it be possible to get my husband onto my co-insurance if I manage to sign up with the WGKK under Selbstversicherung? Would that still qualify for his Anmeldebescheinigung?

Thanks for any help!
Alice

curmudgeon Great Britain
VIP
VIP

Re: Health insurance for Anmeldebescheinigung

Post by curmudgeon » Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:08 am

Do you hold an eCard - that should at least cover you from day one. With your little daughter, get one for her in advance if you don't already have one.

Was This Topic Useful?